Well yesterday was a big day for me. As many of you know, I am overweight and have been talking about getting lap band surgery. In June I went to the required seminar by Dr. Opie (the sureon I chose) and the following day I called and made an appointment. August 5, 2008 was the start of my journey to a thinner me. I met with Dr. Opie and we discussed the surgery and what I need to do prior to scheduling surgery. First I have to lose 20#. Why? Because right now my BMI(body mass index) is 53 and to make surgery safer for me, Dr. Opie wants my BMI in the 40's. I know...20# is a lot and kind of discouraged me but I am determined to lose it! The first thing I have done is as of Noon yesterday, I quit drinking pop. Dr. Opie said that with the amount of pop I was drinking, I would likely lose at least 1-2# a day without it. Woo Hoo!!! I also scheduled an appointment with my PCP to talk with him and get all the needed medical records and also to have him track my weight loss. I see Dr. Spratt on August 15. I also have to have an EGD done prior to surgery. That is scheduled for Sept, 10. My insurance will cover the surgery but Becky(insurance lady for Dr. Opie) said it may take a few tries. Aetna is the worst according to Becky but she assured me it would get approved. I will keep you updated on my new adventure!
How to Minimize the Idn Poker Slump
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment